We do not provide accommodation at YMCA Barnsley but a number of different organisations can provide support and guidance if you are in a housing crisis or have concerns about a rough sleeper. Options include:
- Barnsley M.B.C Housing Department– Call (01226) 773870 (please note office hours are 10am to 5pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10.30am to 5pm Wednesdays, and 10am to 4.30pm Fridays). Or 08449841800 low cost call for out of hours homelessness emergencies. Call in person at one of our offices where we can make your an appointment to see an adviser or email email@example.com
- Shelter Line– homelessness charity Shelter offer a free phone national housing advice line on 0808 800 44 44.
- Streetlink – the rough sleeper referral service for England and Wales. You can either call 0300 500 0914, visit the website streetlink.org.uk or download the app (Apple or Android). StreetLink will then be able to connect rough sleepers with local street outreach teams or other support in the local area. The service accepts calls from the public and self-referrals from current rough sleepers.
If you are immediately concerned about the health of a rough sleeper, dial 999 for the emergency services
- Barnsley Churches Drop-in Project
They can provide food and drinks and support for the homeless and substance users in Barnsley. Telephone: 07377 936390 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BCDP1099602/
- Citizens Advice– offers practical, impartial information online and at a local level.
Is there information available in other languages? Yes. The Citizens Advice has fact sheets on different topics, including employment and benefits, in a range of languages, including Polish, Czech, Chinese, Punjabi and Gujerati. Visit their website for more details
- Samaritans– available to listen to you 24/7 on 08457 909090.
Services Provided by YMCA Barnsley
Each weekday morning between 8.15am and 9.15am we offer:
- Hot drinks
- Clothes washing & drying service
- Referral service to BMBC Housing
We work closely with BMBC Housing and all services are subject to a joint BMBC/YMCA data forms being completed and passed to BMBC.
Donations: To support our work with the homeless please go to:Donate