1. Why do we need to collect your Data?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. So, for example, if you access our services, donate money, request services, or become involved in our campaigns, we may collect and process the personal information that you’ve provided.
This personal information may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number and date of birth. It may also include records of responses to campaigns, as well as how you came to find us or about our services or events.
2. Keeping your information up to date
To ensure we always have the most up to date information about how to contact you, we may also from time to time update your records to reflect any changes to your personal information. This information may come directly from you or it may come from a third party that we consider is legitimate and trustworthy i.e. a school and in circumstances where it is appropriate and where you will have had a clear expectation that your details would be passed on for this purpose.
3. How do we use your personal information?
There are various ways in which we may use your personal information, all to help us provide the most relevant and personalised service to you:
- To safeguard all members, volunteers and paid individuals associated with YMCA Barnsley.
- To support children and young people’s personal social development
- To monitor and report on participant progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To assess the quality of our services
- To provide you with up to date information (such as projects, activities or campaigns activities), you’ve requested or which we feel may be of interest to you.
- To comply with requirements of funders who support our activities
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use pupil information under Article’s 6 and 9 of General Data Protection Regulations.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Personal information will not be retained by YMCA Barnsley for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected, or for which it was further processed, subject to certain legal obligations mentioned below:
|Ways in which data is collected||How long we may keep data collected by this method for|
|Participant Information||Up to 5 years from the date you leave YMCA Barnsley|
|Participation Information||Up to 5 years from the date the project you are involved in ends.|
|Membership Information||Up to 1 year from the date you leave YMCA Barnsley|
|Grants & donations you’ve made to us||Up to 8 years since the date of your last donation|
|Third Party Information||Up to 8 years|
|Emails||As long as neccesary|
We will not sell or rent your personal information to other organisations for use by them in any way, including in their own direct marketing activities. However, where you have given permission to contact you, we may pass on your information to our internal departments and external service providers.
Sharing your information with third parties – keeping your information safe
Where we use an external service provider to act on our behalf, we will disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver the service and will have a contract in place that requires the provider to comply with data protection and information security requirements.
4. Following links to third party websites
Our website may include links to other websites, not owned or managed by YMCA Barnsley. Whilst we endeavour to link to only reputable websites we cannot be held responsible for the privacy data collected by sites not managed by YMCA Barnsley, not can we accept responsibility or liability for those policies.
5. How to opt out of receiving information from YMCA Barnsley
We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example the collection of Gift Aid or to support certain financial transactions.
However, we will not contact you if you ask us not to. The law allows you to withdraw your consent to any particular usage of your data at any time without needing to specify a reason. You can withdraw your consent by emailing our Data Team at email@example.com
6. Your rights
Upon verification of your identity, you are entitled to request at any time full details regarding the personal information we hold on our database, and how we may have used this for the following purposes:
- Processing your personal information
- How we use your data for automated decision making and profiling
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling.
Upon verification you are also entitled to request that YMCA Barnsley remove your information at any time in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations. Please contact the YMCA Barnsley Data Team on firstname.lastname@example.org No administration fee is applicable and you do not have to disclose the reason for your request.
You can also make the above request by writing to:
Data Protection Officer